The SVP of Operations is directly responsible and will oversee Procurement/Supply Chain, Business Intelligence, Program Management, and other major operational initiatives for the company. This role is highly cross-functional and will requires close, daily interaction with additional functions spanning new markets, business development, operations, finance, and marketing.
The SVP of Operations will provide day-to-day leadership and management guidance to ensure the company’s organizational structure, policies, operations, and people enable the company to achieve business goals and maximize financial results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Designs and implements business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals, advance the culture and evolve the business aspects of strategic initiatives
• Works closely with the senior leadership team to establish and execute sound, strategic, and financial goals that address the growing competitive, regulatory, and politically- driven market environments.
• Work efficiently, provide direction, and achieve results by identifying, prioritizing, and allocating resources to strategic initiatives necessary to meet firmwide goals and objectives.
• Develops and monitors standard business processes to ensure consistency and efficiency across appropriate groups such as teams, departments, and staff
• Establishes clear measurement criteria and KPIs to benchmark, evaluate, and improve the company’s operating efficiency and effectiveness.
• Identifies operational performance issues and recommends applicable process improvements to ensure maximum productivity
• Oversees project/program management of major initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness
• Builds and maintains relationships with applicable partners/vendors/suppliers as well as internal associates
• Represents the organization in presentations, events, conferences, etc.
• Ensures adherence to legal regulations and guidelines
• Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
• Embodies the culture, values, and tenets of PharmaCann and full support of our purpose, goal, and key objectives.
• The position requires travel to other operational locations.
● Master's degree in Business, Finance, or related field
● Previous experience in packaged goods, food/beverage manufacturing preferred.
● Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in designing and implementing strategic business plans is required
● Working within and/or managing public and privately held organizations.
● Ability to adapt to and manage evolving circumstances and apply experience and skills within a changing organizational structure.
● Proven track record of improved KPI’s, and business efficiencies
● Demonstrated experience in addressing multi-site operational and financial team challenges from a mix of experience with a continuous improvement mindset
● Demonstrated ability in creating business strategies that have provided growth, profitability, and success for newly developed programs and/or organizations
● Expert knowledge of business principles, practices, tactics, and tools.