One of the country’s largest vertically integrated cannabis companies, providing safe, reliable, top-quality cannabis products to improve people’s lives. By investing in people, practices, and infrastructure, we are shaping a new, vital, wellness-focused industry. Our goal is to increase sustainable access to cannabis by offering effective, affordable and trusted products and services.
We are licensed in eight states to grow, process and/or dispense medical cannabis products for adult and pediatric patients, as well as for responsible adult use. We are expanding rapidly as we continue to earn new state licenses and gain recognition as a trusted resource in this evolving space.
The Refining Manager oversees and directs all extraction, refinement and formulated product production. The Manager leads a team of 6-8 direct reports to consistently produce high-quality cannabis based formulated products such as vapes, oral solutions, tablets, gummies and other cannabis infused products.
● Ensure the safe, accurate, and timely production of products; ensure cleanliness, safety and efficiency of the production area
● Provide consistent oversight of extraction, refinement, and formulation procedures, ensuring standardized requirements and accuracy
● Master various techniques and knowledge of equipment for marijuana extraction, refinement, formulation and infusion
● Build expertise in CO2 and ethanol extraction methods, as well as, the purification, separation and isolation of various compounds of cannabis
● Assist in driving continuous improvement
● Maintain quality control measures and batch records to ensure a high-quality product
● Report process data and mass balances for monitoring efficiency goals
● Ensure compliance with State regulations and testing requirements
● Develop SOPs to ensure safety, quality, and consistent processes
● Prepare inventory reports to ensure products are available, on point and in demand
● Maintain supplies, materials, equipment, including material safety data sheets for all chemicals
● Manage preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment to ensure non-interrupted production
● Coordinate vendor relations for equipment and consumables
● Ensure accurate weighing and inventory, product tracking and labeling
● Manage scheduling of sample submission to QA/QC lab
● Ensures all consumption, output, and sample tracking data is input to ERP system; verifies input of other scientists and technicians for accuracy
● Mentor and conduct periodic performance reviews for staff to help them grow
● Support Strategic Service Engineering, Quality and R&D projects, new product launches, process improvement initiatives and equipment upgrades
● Follows ongoing research of cannabis, cannabinoids, terpenes, distillation and refining techniques, and new/novel cannabis products to understand the industry.
● Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualified candidates must exhibit a commitment to success and possess:
● Hands-on working style. Lead by example
● Able to establish and execute department Operations Plan based on the company goals
● Excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
● Ability to recognize and respond to changing trends and priorities
● Ability to work in and foster a collaborative team environment
● College degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Food Science or equivalent, or equivalent industry experience required
● At least 2 years working with Cannabis extraction in a production environment required
● Minimum 2 years working in a regulated industry. Food or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
● GMP and Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
● Minimum 3 years management experience
● Experience training and mentoring laboratory technicians and scientists with techniques for analysis and good laboratory practices
● Experience with various methods of extraction, preferably Ethanol and CO2
● Experience with molecular, wiped film and steam distillation
● General knowledge of reactions, separations and mixing
● Experience with design of experiments, scientific documentation, and procedure creation
● Proficiency in MS Office or Google Suite software
Ability to stand and/or walk for prolonged periods; requires consistent eye/hand coordination in a precise lab setting; ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.