· Accomplish short-term and long-term experiments successfully.
· Oversee research in breeding, production, data analysis, and management of crops
· Oversee plant breeding utilizing traditional and modern crop production techniques including but not limited to CRISPr, agrobacterium transformation, molecular marker assisted selection, and other genetic engineering techniques
· Oversee preparation of DNA/RNA extraction, sample preparation for third party labs,
· Oversee use of Polymerase Chain Reactions (PCR) and running gels of capillary electrophoresis
· Oversee development of plant tissue culture procedures including callus culture, meristematic tissue regeneration, and micropropagation.
· Contributes to the optimization of existing methods and rapidly adapts new methods
· Writes detailed standard operating procedures and protocols
· Adeptly sets up complex experiments, interprets analyze and summarize experimental data
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· Ph.D required in plant sciences, genetics, plant breeding or related fields
· Minimum 3 years’ experience working in agriculture industry
· Must have a strong background in molecular genetics, population genetics, genomics, functional genomics and recombinant DNA methods
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work well in a collaborative research environment are essential.
· Has high level of techniques, efficiencies and displays technical ability excellence laboratory methods.
*** Background Check Requirement ***
As a condition of employment, a complete background investigation will be conducted based on the rules of Pennsylvania. The state investigative process includes a state and federal background check. Individuals that have been convicted of a criminal offense related to the sale or possession of illegal drugs, narcotics or controlled substances may not hold a position with TerrAscend.
At TerrAscend, employees and applicants are evaluated based on their qualifications, skills, and ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. TerrAscend is committed to assuring equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
TerrAscend is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, to include gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gender identity, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers.
**Resume should include publications and work experience (Ph.D thesis and beyond), as well as a brief statement of research interest and goals.