• Perform Quality Control inspections on Products, Equipment and procedures. Ensure package integrity and accuracy
• May perform or assist inventory management personnel with inventory audits when needed
• Responsible for monitoring product cannabis safety and quality throughout the manufacturing process
• Ensure all cannabis and cannabis containing products produced at the facility are properly tested in accordance with company procedures and guidelines, at appropriate frequencies, and meet specifications prior to release. Ensure testing data is appropriately recorded and maintained
• Responsible for performing verification on equipment and other areas required
• Responsible for ensuring the correct recording and filing of all relevant record logs and documentation completed by staff
• Ensures the correct guidelines for production are followed during operations
• Ensures employees are following all SOPs, Work Instructions and worker safety practices
• Ensure the facility follows applicable Quality Management directives such as SOP’s, manuals, policies and procedures, work instructions, etc.
• Instructs employees on Quality Improvements and Issues
• Analyze quality data to recommend quality and process improvements
• Collect product samples for Product Development, lab retains and the laboratory when directed
• Supports Director of Quality and Product Safety and manages one Quality Assurance Specialist
QA assists in aligning the company with all state, federal and 3rd party requirements. Compliance will work with QA to ensure compliance with government regulatory agencies and third-party audits.
• High School Diploma required; must be at least 21 years old
• 2 years minimum employment experience in a manufacturing/quality control setting
• Experience in managing one or more employees
• Experience with record keeping/internal auditing
• Ability to follow existing inventory/inspection procedures accurately
• Working knowledge of general computer operation and competency with Microsoft Office Products
• Experience operating in a quality-centric setting (Medical/Manufacturing/Health related industries)
• Good writing/reading/arithmetic skills
• Basic physical ability to walk back and forth across facility and lift/move up to 50lbs if necessary
• Self-motivated with proven leadership skills and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills for multitasking and interacting with team members
Vireo is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vireo Health International Inc. operates in the cannabis industry in the United States. It engages in the cultivation, production, and sale of medical cannabis products to company owned and third party dispensaries. The company sells and distributes a suite of products through dispensaries, home delivery, and wholesale channels.