Ethos Cannabis currently has interests in the cultivation, processing and dispensing of cannabis in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Florida, Arizona and is pursuing expansion opportunities in multiple states including Maryland and New Jersey. Today, we are working to combine our interests to create a unified multi-state cannabis company. Our goal is to have a clear and compelling consumer-centric vision focused on helping individuals feel and live better through their experiences with cannabis. Our mission is supported by our relationship with Jefferson Health, a leading academic medical center in the U.S., dedicated to collecting and analyzing valuable real-world data and developing educational initiatives with a focus on patient outcomes and quality of life. Jefferson Health is our Academic Clinical Research Center partner for vertically integrated operations under development in Pennsylvania.
Our principals have significant experience investing in healthcare, consumer products, and regulated markets. We have been actively focused on the cannabis industry since 2015 and have recently added a new partner for Ethos Cannabis who has experience developing and leading a successful and respected cannabis operator in the U.S.
The Assistant Manager of Dispensary is responsible for assisting in managing a team of dispensary employees for the Company’s cannabis dispensary retail store. This position will involve supporting the General Manager with all aspects of dispensary operations, including coaching and developing the retail store team. The Assistant Manager will serve as a General-Manager-in-Training, with the ability to complete all dispensary functions, as directed and authorized by the General Manager. The Assistant Manager will operate the store in absence of the General Manager.
We are seeking a passionate, driven, detailed-oriented and collaborative Assistant Manager of Dispensary to assist with leadership, direction, and support of the daily operations of the dispensary, including handling the needs of all customers and developing a team of Product Associates who are enthusiastic about delivering a best-in-class, innovative cannabis retail experience that is compliant with state and local rules and regulations. The ideal candidate has the ability to adapt to our business model and has demonstrated leadership experience, as he or she will be given significant responsibility within our dispensary. Previous cannabis retail experience is preferred.
· Understand and assist the General Manager with weekly and monthly sales information
· Assist the General Manager with employee schedules and managing employee work hours and vacation request
· Assist with training of all new employees as well as the re-training of existing employees when needed
· Motivate and work together with General Manager and employees to meet and exceed sales goals
· Assist with performance reviews of dispensary employees on a regular basis
· Inform employees of new updates and general developments in the Company
· Support the General Manager in evaluating applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with human resources; interview applicants on a consistent set of criteria
· Help ensure that inventory is adequate and help properly manage inventory by becoming well versed in the use of the seed-to-sale inventory tracking system and electronic verification system
· Promote a work environment that is positive, customer-service oriented, and compliant with established company policies and procedures
· Support the General Manager by monitoring the activities of the store employees to maximize efficiency and minimize errors
· Strive to become familiar and proficient at all other tasks and duties of the General Manager
· Assist General Manager with regular and random inventory counts of cannabis, ancillary products, and dispensing supplies
· Accommodate scheduling expectations by supervising retail dispensary store a minimum of 40 hours per week, including weekend, evening, and holiday shifts
· Supervise dispensary Product Associates during General Manager’s absence or when directed
· Complete other duties as assigned by General Manager
· Assist in ensuring that physical environment is safe, sanitary, and that all equipment/technology is in good working order
· Lead initiatives, dispensary strategies, and specific projects at the dispensary level that may be assigned by the General Manager
· Report directly to the General Manager of Dispensary
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required
· Previous experience in a cannabis retail environment is preferred
· Thorough understanding of state and local Cannabis laws and regulations, and how they apply to the operations of the Company is preferred
· Considerable exposure to retail cultures focused on well-developed standard operating procedures and management and employee training programs
· Experience in inventory management and reconciliation
· Work history that demonstrates stability, progressive responsibility, and willingness to accept new duties
Capabilities and Skills:
· Exceptional team building, communication and people skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment while demonstrating excellent oral and written communication skills is required
· Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and time management abilities
· High level of integrity and a strong work ethic
· Exceptional willingness to be a hands-on manager and fill gaps to accomplish business objectives
· Proficiency in computer usage including retail point-of-sale software, all MS Office applications, email, scheduling software, online conferencing, and more
· Strong problem-solving skills including anticipatory thinking and the ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a calm composure
· Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and effectively within a diverse, multicultural, multigenerational environment
· Extended time sitting, walking, bending, and reaching is possible
· Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds for a distance of 50 feet
· Must pass stringent background test requirements of Massachusetts
· Minimum of 21 years of age
· Possess valid driver’s license or state ID card; authorized to work in the U.S.
This position is classified as Exempt and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Ethos Cannabis is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the recruitment, selection, or advancement of employees on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, creed, age, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodation(s) shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
cannabis retail: 1 year (Preferred)
standard operating procedures and mgmt/employee training: 1 year (Preferred)
inventory management and reconciliation: 1 year (Preferred)
We believe that cannabis has an appropriate place in society. Our mission is to help people live their best life through informed access to cannabis. Ethos currently has interests in the cultivation, processing and dispensing of cannabis in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Maryland, Florida, and Arizona...