Ethos Cannabis currently has interests in the cultivation, processing and dispensing of cannabis in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Florida, Arizona and is pursuing expansion opportunities in multiple states including Maryland and New Jersey. Today, we are working to combine our interests to create a unified multi-state cannabis company. Our goal is to have a clear and compelling consumer-centric vision focused on helping individuals feel and live better through their experiences with cannabis. Our mission is supported by our relationship with Jefferson Health, a leading academic medical center in the U.S., dedicated to collecting and analyzing valuable real-world data and developing educational initiatives with a focus on patient outcomes and quality of life. Jefferson Health is our Academic Clinical Research Center partner for vertically integrated operations under development in Pennsylvania.
Our principals have significant experience investing in healthcare, consumer products, and regulated markets. We have been actively focused on the cannabis industry since 2015 and have recently added a new partner for Ethos Cannabis who has experience developing and leading a successful and respected cannabis operator in the U.S.
The General Manager of Dispensary is responsible for overseeing and managing a team of dispensary employees for the Company’s Lynn location. This position will involve directly managing and making the dispensary operational. The General Manager serves as staff mentor and supervisor and Ethos brand ambassador.
We are seeking a passionate, driven, detailed oriented and collaborative General Manager of Dispensary to provide leadership, direction, and support, overseeing daily operations of the dispensary, including handling the needs of all customers and hiring and developing a team of Product Associates who are enthusiastic about delivering a best-in-class, innovative cannabis retail experience that is compliant with state and local rules and regulations. The ideal candidate has the ability to adapt to our business model and has demonstrated leadership experience, as he or she will be given significant responsibility with the launch and operation of the dispensary while maximizing sales with a customer service focus. Previous cannabis retail experience is preferred.
· Develop and implement Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs), best practices, and policies to advance Ethos’ mission, vision, goals, and objectives at the store level
· Hire, develop, and train dispensary employees. Lead the development of employee training materials, including education and development of staff regarding cannabis strains, products, and consumption mechanisms
· Assist in the launch and opening, as well as maintain the ongoing operations of the dispensary
· Manage financial records and cash handling procedures
· Maintain all confidential information
· Oversee store opening and closing activities
· Collaborate with other functional leaders in developing and implementing a best-in-class customer experience
· Deliver optimal productivity in stores through operational excellence, process improvement, and consistent resolution of challenges
· Conduct performance reviews of dispensary employees on a regular basis
· Interface with wholesalers and cultivation/production companies to negotiate and source quality product supply
· Coordinate and staff dispensary schedule
· Manage all aspects of dispensary with a customer-first mentality and an intense focus on company culture and ethics, customer service, sales growth, and brand standards
· Provide input regarding marketing strategy and initiatives in collaboration with current managers and marketing team
· Work collaboratively with compliance, security, and transportation managers regarding compliance, loss prevention, security, and logistics on all mutual issues and in prioritization of needs
· Serve as a liaison to the local community
· Coordinate outreach and educational programming (with input from cultivation/production companies and marketing team)
· Interface with IT managers to develop and continually assess technology implementation and adjust based on business needs
· Ensure compliance on all policies, standards, and values
· Maintain in-depth knowledge of every product and strain in the store, as well as industry-wide product knowledge
· Stay abreast of customer and business trends and actively communicate with corporate stakeholders to provide input on retail and strategic business initiatives
· Ensure that physical environment is safe, sanitary, and that all equipment/technology is in good working order
· Lead initiatives, store strategies, and specific projects at the store level that may be assigned by executive-level management
· Report directly to the Manager of Retail Operations
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required
· Significant managerial experience in a retail or restaurant environment
· Cannabis experience preferred
· Considerable exposure to retail cultures focused on well-developed standard operating procedures and management and employee training programs
· Experience in inventory management and reconciliation
· Human Resources management experience including hiring, training, records management, performance reviews, payroll processing, and more
· Work history that demonstrates stability, progressive responsibility, and willingness to accept new duties
Capabilities and Skills:
· Exceptional team building, communication and people skills
· High level of integrity and a strong work ethic
· Exceptional willingness to be a hands-on manager and fill gaps to accomplish business objectives
· Proficiency in computer usage including retail point-of-sale software, all MS Office applications, email, scheduling software, online conferencing, and more
· Ability to develop, analyze, and interpret key performance metrics, and read, analyze, and interpret financial reports relating to dispensary performance metrics
· Strong problem-solving skills including anticipatory thinking and the ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a calm composure
· Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and effectively within a diverse, multicultural, multigenerational environment
· Extended time sitting, walking, bending, and reaching is possible
· Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds for a distance of 50 feet
· Must pass stringent background test requirements of Massachusetts
· Minimum of 21 years of age
· Possess valid driver’s license or state ID card
This position is classified as Exempt and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Ethos Cannabis is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the recruitment, selection, or advancement of employees on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, creed, age, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodation(s) shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
cannabis retail management: 1 year (Preferred)
hiring, training, records mgmt, performance reviews, payroll: 1 year (Preferred)
inventory management: 1 year (Preferred)
restaurant or retail management: 1 year (Preferred)
standard operating procedures, management/training: 1 year (Preferred)
We believe that cannabis has an appropriate place in society. Our mission is to help people live their best life through informed access to cannabis. Ethos currently has interests in the cultivation, processing and dispensing of cannabis in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Maryland, Florida, and Arizona...