Legal U.S.A. Cannabis Industry valued at $10.73 Billion
Facts about Cannabis Industry Jobs in the U.S.A.
- It's growing at a faster rate than any other industry, doubling in size over the past four years (America’s single greatest job creation engine).
- The budding industry is employing ~300,000 full-time workers in the U.S. today (>211,000 directly & ~90,000 indirectly).
- This industry has created nearly 121,000 full-time jobs (a 100% growth rate).
- Today there are about 3X's more people working in the legal cannabis industry than beverage & tobacco manufacturing (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, industries with the expected fastest-growing employment include:
- Home health care aides = 47% growth over 10 years
- Wind turbine technicians = 96% growth over 10 years
- Solar voltaic installers = 105% growth over 10 years
Cannabis Jobs = 110% growth over 3 years (36 months!)
Cannabis Job Growth over 36 Months
2017 - Increased 21% • 2018 - Another 44%. • 2019 - Another 20% + growth.
- California expects ~10,261 new cannabis jobs in 2019 (an increase of 21%).
- Massachusetts expects >9,500 jobs added in 2019.
- Florida expected to add >5,000 jobs in 2019 (state total to ~15,000 cannabis jobs).
- Oklahoma expects to add >4,000 in 2020 (compared to zero in 2018, increased to >2,000 in 2019).
- Arkansas expects 960 jobs by 2021 (up from 135).
In 2018 more than 64,000 legal cannabis industry jobs were added in the U.S. That's an increase of 44%!
- Florida added >9,000 jobs in 2018 (a 703% increase), and medical cannabis patients grew from ~65,000 to 165,000.
- Nevada had more than 7,500 jobs in 2018.
- Pennsylvania had nearly 3,900 jobs in 2018 (up from ninety in 2017).
- New York had more than 5,000 jobs in 2018 (278% growth).
Industry Growth 2018-2028